Tuesday 3 December 2013

12 Tags of Christmas Tags 7 & 8

Hello Samantha here again, it's been a few days but the silly season is upon us, or me anyway. I have 2 more of my 12 Tags of Christmas, today I am going to show you 2 tags that use dies and the same embossing folder for both tags. They are very easy to do I promise.

This is what I used from the products we have on the Flutterbuys Website:

·       Manila Tags size 6 (sets of 4 for 50 cents)
·       Ink pads - Versa, Distress inks and Versa Mark 
·       Embossing powders - Clear and Sparkle
·       Embossing Folders - Wrapped in Christmas range (20% Off SALE)
·       Dies - Magical Christmas  Intricutz range (20% Off SALE)
·       Card stock (Christmas colours)
·       Ribbons - Ric Rac and Satin
·       Glue pen
Plus these tools
  • Heat Gun
  • Distress inking tool
  • Die cutting machine and Rubber Embossing Mat (I use a Cuttlebug)
  • Embossing mat

 Number 7 "Poinsettias"


I have started again as with all the tags Embossing the Manila Tag with the 
"A Magical Time" Embossing folder.
I then rubbed all over the surface with the Fired Brick Distress ink pad until I was happy with the depth of the colour. I then bend it in more with the distressing tool to get the colour onto the background . To add highlights I rub the Delicata Golden Glitz ink pad just over the top of the embossed words.

**NEW** WIJ 5x7 EB/F A Magical Time  Fired Brick

 I cut out light gold and dark gold cardstock Poinsettia Flowers with the Intricutz Eve-Poinsettia Die, 2 x large petals, 1 x small petal and 1 x tiny center for each flower. I fixed the 3 Poinsettias in place on the tag alternating between the two shades of gold on each flower, with a Glue Pen under each layer just in the middle. I used a Gold and Silver Spotted Ribbon as the tie.

 Intricutz MC Die Eve - Poinsettia  Glue Marker
Cherry Ribbon - Gold Spotted reverse Satin

Number 8 "Holly Flourish"

The "A Magical Time" Embossing folder was used again for this tag. I have just placed the tag on another portion of the wording in the folder.
I have rubbed all over the surface with many versa cube ink pads until I was happy with the depth of the colour. To add highlights I rub the Delicata Golden Glitz ink pad over the top. When then inks have dried I then used the Versa Mark ink pad to get the Clear Sparkle embossing powder to stick and heat embossed it with a heat gun.

Versa Mark Ink Watermark Stamp Pad  Heat Gun Tool Intricutz MC Die North Pole - Holly Leaves

 I used some dark green cardstock to cut out the holly branch with the Intricutz North Pole Die. I also embossed the cut outs using a rubber embossing mat and the Cuttlebug Machine. Then inked them with Versa cubes ink pads to change the colours. I then fixed the cut out in place with a glue pen. I have used a piece of dark green ric rac as the tie at the top.


Ric Rac Ribbon - Green


If you have any questions please leave me a comment below.
I hope you like them and you are inspired to make some too!
 I will show you tags 9 and 10 soon so stop by and take a look.
 Thanks Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment