Tuesday 10 December 2013

12 Tags of Christmas 9,10 & 11


Hello again it's time for more of my 12 Tags of Christmas. Today I am going to show you 3 tags that are very easy to do using the same embossing folder "Reindeer Games" from the Wrapped in Joy Couture Creations range.

**NEW** WIJ 5x7 EB/F Reindeer Games

This time I used the  products listed below from the Flutterbuys Website www.flutterbuys.com.au to make these 3 tags. 

·    Manila Tags size 6 (sets of 4 for 50 cents)
·    Dies - Magical Christmas  Intricutz range (20% Off SALE)
·    Ink pads Versa cubes, Distress inks and Versa Mark Pen
·    Embossing powder -  Clear and Bronze
·    Heat Gun
·    Embossing Folder - Wrapped in Christmas range (20% Off SALE)
·    Mini Misters with water and Precious metal paint
·    Die cutting machine 
Plus 
  • Free Stamp set from #40 Docrafts Magazine
  • Kindy Glitz - Crystalina
Ribbons 
  • Metallic Gold, 
  • Glitter Ric Rac and 
  • Anita's Silver Happy Christmas
  • Angel / Cherub Gold Ribbon
Number 9 "Merry Christmas"


My first step was to emboss the Manila Tag with the 
"Reindeer Games" Embossing folder
I have positioned the tag in the folder so I only emboss the scroll area at the bottom of the folder for this tag.
I rubbed gently over the surface with versa cube ink pads until I am happy with the depth of colour and then with Distress ink using a distressing tool to get the blended effect on the edges of the tag.




I have cut some Crushed Silk Red 120gsm paper with the Intricutz Merry Christmas Words  Die. I have removed the Angles and Stars at the bottom of the die cut as I only want to use the words. Then inked the die cut with Versa cubes to change the colour and give it an aged look. I have fixed the words in place with a glue pen and cut one Angel/Cherub and fixed it in place with small double sided adhesive foam squares.

A4 Crushed Silk Red 120 gsm   Intricutz MC Die Angels - Merry Christmas Words

Angel / Cherubs - Gold Ribbon

Using the Light Gold Ribbon as the tie at the top.

Gold Ribbon 1 Light 6mm

Number 10 "Reindeer"


Again I emboss the Manila Tag with the 
"Reindeer Games" Embossing folder
I have positioned the tag in the folder so I only emboss the area with the reindeer and part of the tree in the middle of the folder for this tag. I also embossed a piece of dark green cardstock in the same spot as the tag. I will be cutting out the reindeer and the tree to use after I have coloured the tag.

I rubbed gently over the surface with versa cube ink pads in upward sweeps to give the impression of the northern lights in the sky, until I am happy with the depth of colour, spritzing just once with some Viva Decor Precious Metal paint to give the look of snow. I make it up in a Mini Misters bottle. 



With the embossed green cardstock I cut out the reindeer and the tree. I then ink them both with Versamark ink pad, using clear embossing powder on the tree and Bronze embossing powder on the reindeer I heat emboss them with a heat gun. I have also used Kindy Glitz Crystalina on the tree, the swirl and rubbed it on the bottom of the tag to look like snow.

Versa Mark Ink Watermark Stamp Pad
                                          Kindy Glitz - Crystalina 
I have used Anita's Ribbon "Happy Christmas" as the tie at the top.

Happy Christmas Ribbon 3m - Silver
Number 11 "Stamps"


For this tag I have placed it in the embossing folder so I can get 2 trees and a Swirl in the middle of the tag. Using my favourite technique I colour the tag and spritz again but make sure I dab the spritz so it is makes just a hint of shimmer over the tag, after I have finished colouring and inking the edges. It is best to leave the tag to dry completely before the next step. If you are short of time use the heat gun to speed up the drying process.


I then using the Freebie Stamp set that comes with the 
Docrafts Creativity Essentials Magazine #40 
With a clear mounting block and 3 separate stamps I then stamp 3 "Stamps" onto the tag with red vesa colour ink and then again with versa mark ink to add the clear embossing powder and heat emboss. It is very easy to stamp over again using clear stamps as you can see through them for easy re-positioning. I have also used Kindy Glitz Crystalina on the trees and a length of Glitter Ric Rac as the tie at the top.

 1x Docrafts Magazine postage included

Ric-Rac Sparkly White 10mm

Thanks for stopping by if you have any questions please leave a comment below, I would love to know what you think. Ta Samantha


No comments:

Post a Comment