Thursday 28 November 2013

12 Tags of Christmas Tags 5 & 6


Hi Everyone Samantha here,

It's time for tags 5 and 6 of my 12 Tags of Christmas, today I am going to show you 2 tags that are very easy and quick to do. They don't take long at all and are loads of fun!
This time I used the  products listed below from the Flutterbuys Website to make these 2 tags. 

·                     Manila Tags size 6 (sets of 4 for 50 cents)
·                     Ink pads Versa cubes
·                     Embossing powder -  Sparkle
·                     Embossing Folders - Wrapped in Christmas (20% Off SALE)
·                    Delicata Golden Glitz Pigment ink Pad
·                     Die cutting machine - just to emboss (I use a Cuttlebug)
Plus 
  • Kindy Glitz - Red
  • Metallic Tinsel Wire Ribbons and Happy Christmas Ribbon
  • Cutting tool set - to age the tag edge

Number 5 " Snowflakes"


My first step was to Emboss the Manila Tag with the
"Sugarplum Ball" Embossing folder
I rubbed gently over the surface of the with Versa cube ink pads all over the tag in a green and red on the small berries until I am happy with the depth of colour. I have only put a small amount of ink on this time as I want the colour of the tag to show through. The Red Kindy Glitz I used to highlight the berries.

**NEW** WIJ A2 EB/F Sugarplum Ball  Intricutz MC Die Bliss - Snowflake



I then cut out some silver metallic cardstock, Snow Flakes with the Intricutz Bliss die. I also embossed the cut outs using the Wild Holly Embossing Folder, this is a great way to use other embossing folders to add extra details. Then inked them with the same Green Versa cubes ink pads as I used on the tag to add some highlights. I fixed the cut out snowflakes in place with small double sided adhesive foam squares under each layer.


**NEW** WIJ 5x7 EB/F Wild Holly  Tinsel Wire Ribbon - Red 
 

I have used a 10 cm length of Red mini tinsel wire ribbon as the tie at the top to finish it off.

Number 6 "Songbird"


My first step was to Emboss the Manila Tag with the
" A Songbird's Poinsettia" Embossing folder
I rubbed gently over the surface of the with Delicata Golden Glitz Pigment ink pad all over the tag, then with a Versa cube ink pads in a lime green just on the edges and the leaves until I am happy with the depth of colour.  You can use any colours you like to match your Christmas theme. 


Then using a scrapping motion along the edges of the tag with the Tonic Tool I aged the edges. I have used an Anita's Green and Gold Happy Christmas Ribbon as the tie at the top. 

Tonic Cutting Tool Set 2pcs  Happy Christmas Ribbon 3m - Green  

I hope you liked them! I will be putting the next 2 tags up soon.

We are having a 20% OFF SALE on "All about Christmas"
So most of the products I have used to make the 12 tags are on sale until Christmas day. 

Thanks for stopping by if you have any questions please leave a comment below, I would love to know what you think. Ta Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment