Sunday 24 November 2013

12 Tags of Christmas

Hi Everyone Samantha here,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! I have a new project to show you something to get you in the Christmas Spirit. It's called the 12 tags of Christmas! I will be showing you how I made them all over the next week or so. They don't take long and are loads of fun to do!


Now this is what I used from the products we have on the Flutterbuys Website:

  • Manila Tags size 6 (sets of 4 for 50 cents)
  • Ink pads Versa cubes, Distress inks and Versa Mark
  • Embossing powders - Clear and Sparkle
  • Embossing Folders - Wrapped in Christmas range (20% Off SALE)
  • Dies - Magical Christmas  Intricutz range (20% Off SALE)
  • Kindy Glitz - Red and Crystalina
  • Card stock (Christmas colours)
  • A4 papers (textured and metallic)
  • Ribbons - Ric Rac, Tartan, Metallic etc
  • Mini Misters with Viva Decor Precious metals paints
  • Adhesive Foam Squares
  • Glue pen
  • Die cutting machine and Rubber Embossing Mat (I use a Cuttlebug)

Number 1 "Joy to the World"


My first step was to Emboss the Manila Tag with the 
"A Magical Time" Embossing folder
I rubbed gently over the surface with versa cube ink pads until I am happy with the depth of colour, spritzing with some Viva Decor Precious Metal paint to give me a nice shimmer. I make it up in a Mini Misters bottle. You can use any colours you like to match your theme each year. I then inked it all over with the versa magic and heat embossed the tag with a clear embossing powder.

**NEW** WIJ 5x7 EB/F A Magical Time       Intricutz MC Die Eve - Ponsettia - Click Image to Close   12 x 12 Cardstock Dark Green Textured

 I cut out some dark green cardstock Poinsettia Flowers and leaves with the Intricutz Eve-Poinsettia Die. I also embossed the cut outs using a rubber embossing mat. Then inked them with Versa cubes ink pads to change the colours. I fixed the cut out in place with small double sided adhesive foam squares under each layer.


I have used Red Kindy Glitz on the top Flower petals and added 1 gold Angels/Cherubs from the ribbons on the website using a Glue Pen and White Sparkle Ric Rac for the tie.

Angel / Cherubs - Gold Ribbon  Ric-Rac Sparkly White 10mm

Number 2 "Cardinals"


I have started again with Embossing the Manila Tag with the 
"Cardinal's Wreath" Embossing folder
I then rubbed gently over the surface with the versa cube ink pads until I was happy with the depth of colour. I bend the tag over gently so I can just get the colour I want on the Cardinals and the berries.

**NEW** WIJ 5x7 EB/F Cardinal Kisses  Intricutz MC Die Faith - Holly Branch  12 x 12 Cardstock Dark Green Textured


 I cut out the dark green cardstock Holly branch with the Intricutz Faith Die. I have also again embossed the cut out using a rubber embossing mat. Then inked it with Versa cubes to change the colours. I have fixed it in place with small double sided adhesive foam squares.

Tartan Ribbon - Mackenzie 7mm

I have used a 7mm Mackenzie Tartan Ribbon woven by members of the Scottish Tartans Society no less, as the tie at the top. 

If you have any questions please leave me a comment below.
I hope you like them and you are inspired to make some too!
 I will be showing 2 more soon so stop by and take a look.
 Thanks Samantha


No comments:

Post a Comment