Monday 11 November 2013

Little Separate Memory Pockets

Hi Samantha here, sorry it's been so long but I have been getting my head around the new way we are running Flutterbuys and crafting has taken second place.

I have been searching on the internet recently and been inspired by other craft bloggers on how to use things for other purposes.

So I have found this great way of using Artist Trading Card 9 pocket sleeves as memory pockets for all those little extra things we all like to use on our Scrapbook pages, that may not be acid free. 

Here is my take on it and a step by step on how you can do it too.

What you are going to need to make the ATC sleeves into Little Separate Memory Pockets are:
  1. 1 or more ATC 9 Pocket Sleeve
  2. Cotton to match your Scrapbook page layout
  3. Scissors
  4. Sewing Machine
  5. Any items that you want to fill your memory pockets with
Take your sewing machine and thread it with the colour you want to use. I just used black for this page but I could have used green, brown or cream.
Be creative and use a different stitch as well, like Zig Zag!


You are then going to sew down each side of the pockets along the middle seams. If you want you can sew along each edge as well so you can have stitching all around the pocket leaving the top edge open. I have only stitched along the one side for this layout using a straight stitch.   


When you have sown along the edges you will then need to cut them apart along the seam in the middle of your sewing and then along the top open edge of each pocket, making sure you do not cut into the pocket above. If you want you can then add your memorabilia and sew then shut. I have chosen to leave them open so you will be able to remove what ever is in them and have a closer look.

You can even use the hole punch edge as a fixing point on your page. Just use double sided tape, Brads or Stickers to fix them to your scrapbook pages, just make sure the double sided tape is under the item in the pocket so you don't see the tape.


I hope this has inspired you to think outside the box. I would love to hear what you think.

I'm off to craft some more with Robyn this week so I hope we have more new ideas to show you soon.

Ta Samantha 

No comments:

Post a Comment